Thursday, June 19, 2008

From The Youngest:
Work Productivity = Lower Than Normal













I was almost finished with a post regarding my latest trip to Las Vegas with Mezz0, but last Sunday I was hit with a terrible cold/cough/headache/congestion that still hasn't gone away. I assume that I brought this sickness home from Vegas with me...it has killed my motivation to add the finishing touches to my post and will, most likely, result in another shitty, half-assed piece of hack writing.

In other news, I found this sweet website which is going to give me at least 5 hours of entertainment at work today. The other 3 hours will be spent coughing/blowing my nose/figuring if enough time has passed to re-dose myself with one of the handful of drugs that I'm taking. The link is to a collection of pictures taken from film left inside discarded cameras. There are a ton of pictures from a ton of cameras and the webmaster seems to focus on pictures from the 60's and 70's...which makes things interesting.














Occasionally I stumble across weird shit like this, shit like the Pet Cemetary documentary from the 70's that Mezz0 has, shit that seems to give you a much more clear idea of what American life used to be...more so than, say, a video montage showing Woodstock, Kent State, the moon landing, woman's/black rights protesters, the Patridge Family, Vietnam, Richard Nixon, and various objects in strange, dull shades of orange and green.

Just click "next slide" after the jump and prepare for endless entertainment.
Picture Pages, Picture Pages, Picture Pages

I couldn't leave this post alone without making one more point. Sure, that old guy pictured above might look adorable to you. You might even say to yourself, "Gosh, we haven't changed that much after all these years. That's something I would do! How clever! I guess it just goes to show that we aren't all that different."

What you don't realize about this picture is that this old guy was almost certainly an anti-science, bible-thumping racist freak. He would would have been quicker to lynch a black man for walking in public after dinner time than to even consider washing his hands in the same sink as...as...uh, that first black baseball player...what's his name...Jesse something?

Martin?

Whatever...I'm always getting those blacks confused with each other.




<---Elitist. Possibly Muslim.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mezz0 said...

I thought we agreed - no mature upskirt pics on this blog!? Although now I'm having second thoughts...

11:19 AM  
Blogger The Youngest said...

You and I both know that I would never agree to that.

Ever.

6:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home