Friday, May 16, 2008

From The Youngest:
"My Body is my Own
at least I have always so regarded it. If I do harm ... it is I who suffers, not the state." --Mark Twain

On the drive home after work today I was trying to figure out the stereo equalizer in my new car. I glanced up and saw an orange sign in the distance and people lingering around in the road--a 25 mph road--where we see some of the most gruesome car crashes that occur anywhere in this fine state.

I immediately realized that this setup was organized by the Illinois Seatbelt Sting Squad. I quickly fastened my belt before I was in view of the officer standing in the middle of the road up ahead. Little good that did. Apparently the assholes were using SPOTTERS with binoculars and walkie talkies or some shit now. Officer BitchFace was waiting to step in front of my vehicle and direct me to the side street where I would be issued my ticket. Aren't there underage kids smoking outside of a mall somewhere?

Apparently not, because my nanny just have me my sixth seatbelt violation ticket and another $55 slap on the wrist.

6

Seriously, what the hell? I haven't gotten a ticket for speeding or any other moving violation for almost eight years. Eight years and I still get ticketed for this shit.


Fucking Illinois Nazi's. God help me if I hadn't immediately registered & paid for my new car.











I've thrown some quality quotes about bullshit laws onto the end of this post. I should really memorize a couple of them so that I can have some smart ass lines ready for the next time. Today I chose to remain silent. I was tempted to give my best snotty expression and say, "My father is a lawyer," matter-of-factly as I accepted the ticket and drove away. I refrained.

That would have probably pissed him off more than any of these quotes.

"Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law', because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual." --Thomas Jefferson

"Every actual state is corrupt. Good men must not obey laws too well." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Laws do not persuade just because they threaten." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca

"The more corrupt the Republic, the more the laws." -- Giovanni Sartori

"The more laws and order are made prominent, the more thieves and robbers there will be." -- Lao Tzu

"Useless laws weaken the necessary laws." --Charles Louis de Secondat, Baron De Montesquieu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home