Thursday, November 12, 2009

From Mezz0:
WeI Never Made Any Sense



I had a feeling that last post, lacking context, would fall flatter than that joke I made about the Challenger shuttle back in ’86.

Q: What does NASA stand for?
A: Need Another Seven Astronauts

I was edgy back then. Like the Richard Prior of second grade. But much like Carlos Mencia, I didn’t write my own material.

My thoughts, when seeing that lonely comment made on the Led Zeppelin D’yer Mak'er video, was that some poor son of a bitch was bumping tunes from YouTube while getting wasted on Wild Turkey and pining for the past. He sends a comment into cyberspace. He weeps as the most lyrically incomprehensible of Led Zeppelin songs drones on, a mixture of snot and drool pours forth from the corner of his mouth into the keyboard. The deep, soul-crushing pain of his comment touched me, and if you are so jaded, so hardened, that a random YouTube comment fails to move you then...Then...Well shit, then I have some windows keyboard shortcuts for you:

  • CTRL+Enter after keying in a word into the address bar of your internet browser will add an http:// before and a .com after it.

  • Windows button + M = Close all open windows

    (Seriously, these are great short cuts that all power users should add to their toolbox)

    It's not like Primavera or Youngworst is picking up the slack, either. Do I sound defensive? Well maybe I am. It's locking season, and even though it's fucking beautiful outside, our mamalian brains kick in and tell us to prepare for the coming "winter." So I'm not going to even try to turn a great story (Someone at the jiu jitsu academy just returned from a bout with swine flu [No joke!] and asked to borrow the water bottle of Monstro) into something entertaining. You can all go fuck yourselves!

  • 4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I was just about to contact you to describe my disappointment in your quantity of posts, but now I'm going to have to add quality to my list of complaints.

    capt.

    btw, I'm drinking whiskey doing a deployment. Reminds me of the cowboy days.

    8:21 PM  
    Blogger Mezz0 said...

    Captain,

    I understand your concern for quality. I apologize. But to make it up, I found a special link just for you:

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2802464331301174947&hl=en#

    Cheers!

    -Mezz0

    9:59 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    with just the slightest prodding, I knew you wouldn't disappoint. And thanks for the link I'll keep that info in mind.

    capt.

    5:23 AM  
    Blogger la primera said...

    I love you, too. Mwah!

    p.s. the word verification for me to post this message is "blech."

    11:59 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home