Wednesday, July 15, 2009

From Mezz0:
Over The Edge


When they took away our snacks, I said nothing, and used the vending machine

When they took away our Indian (H1B Visa) developers, I said nothing, and found my entertainment elsewhere

When they took away our floor of the building, I said nothing, and negotiated for my own office on the main floor

When they took away the receptionist, I said nothing, and pawned the work onto the admins

When they took away free parking ($160/month), I said nothing, and rode the Dirty Whore to work every day (she fits around the parking gate)

But today, I strolled into the office kitchen shortly after arriving and damn near keeled over. "Oh no you didn't," I thought to myself, "Oh no you fucking didn't!" But they did. Those motherfucking bastards just took away the espresso machine.

I know this economic downturn has been hard on everyone. I know many people are scraping by with pay cuts, part time work, and unemployment. I know many people can't afford to retire and can't find work. But this was the first time the economic downturn has hit me. I feel fist-fucked by Adam Smith.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

savages

8:48 AM  
Blogger Mezz0 said...

Iknowright? WTF? If I was running this shop, I'd eat the $50-$100/month to keep my troops in coffee.

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home