Wednesday, July 06, 2011

From The Youngest:
New Roommate, New Dogs

This is Pancho, a fierce chihuahu whose first act in our backyard was to send the barking pit bull bitch from next door whimpering away with her tail tucked between her legs (by kicking urinated-on dirt in her direction while she peaked over the wall).

Pancho is a whore for the camera.































This is Rocky, he is originally from Bulgaria and has far too much dignity to pose











My original inclination was to call them Pancho and Lefty, from the Willie Nelson song...but unlike our cats, these creatures actually respond to their respective names.



'Interesting' factoids:
If I had been born before my cousin, my birth-name would have been Rocky (shudder).

What I thought was a Willie Nelson song is actually a Townes Van Zandt song. Tex, the guy referenced in this blog post, spent a good hour telling us why Townes Van Zandt is the greatest man who ever lived. I don't know about that. I do know that Tex had a very similar drawl...VERY similar.

The Coen Brothers used TVZ's cover of the Rolling Stones' "Dead Flowers" on the Big Lebowski soundtrack. His "Cocaine Blues" doesn't sound half bad, either...same with "Waitin' Around to Die".

Do I ever expect to see 'Tex' around again?

Well sure's hell not 'round these parts.







...but maybe in Palatine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home