Thursday, December 23, 2010

From The Youngest:
Who needs a job?
I gamble!

1901 New York Craps Game














I decided to split the $1,000 pool with the only person remaining after last week.

$15 -> $503

Now I get to take that money and go to Tijuana to have some dental work done! Yaaaay!

Something has gone terribly wrong with at least one tooth that received fillings a mere two months ago. It doesn't feel like there's a gap (like when a filling is out) but when mildly warm or cool liquid passes over my lower right molars, I experience a pain that is so sharp and intense that it's impossible to pinpoint. It travels along both sides of my jaw and up each temple, finally meeting at the top of my skull before subsiding. It's a unique and extreme pain unlike any I have experienced before.

The few times I've tested the area to see if it's getting better, I have found myself hitting the heel of my hand against the side of my head in an attempt to dull the painful result.

I'm thinking a filling is dislodged or maybe it fractured the inner part of a tooth...I dunno. I suspect something went bad near a nerve. I was eating a rolled taco from Los Burritos when it all went wrong. I took a bite and it felt like something in my mouth changed mid-bite. When I took a swig of beer I was met with pure fucking agony. Through the magic of Yelp, I can show you the exact dish that made $400 of dental work feel like it did more harm than good.

It was the 3 rolled tacos meal.




















Just to be clear, I blame my doctor, not the delicious Mexican food. My teeth didn't feel right for a couple weeks after having that work done and I now suspect that he made a couple too-deep fillings instead of suggesting a root canal...which is what I may be in store for now.

So...anyone know a good doctor in Tijuana?

All I really want for Christmas is the ability to drink a beer without tilting my head 45 degrees to the left while twirling my tongue in such a matter that I prevent any liquid from trickling down my right cheek and making contact with The Area.

Even a single drop can set it off.

Fuck!

2 Comments:

Blogger Squadron Leader said...

Didn't you spend hundreds of hours researching your weekly picks?

Cause by my maths, you're making considerably less than minimum wage.

You're like a sweatshop gambler.

Grats!

8:46 AM  
Blogger The Youngest said...

The vast majority of those hours were put in while working at my previous job, though. It's more like I was getting paid double time.

I would have ended up splitting the $1,000 with the other guy any way. He picked SD and I had Philly this week. We were both losers.

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home